|News and Announcements
- Letter to members from Section Chair Marcie Merritt
- Dinner reservations for the next ACS Portland
section meeting may be made
online or by calling 503-912-4360
- The winner of the 2019 Linus Pauling Medal was Prof. Catherine Murphy of the University of Illinois. The award symposium was held Saturday October 26 at Oregon State University.
- As of 2018, the Portland Section has been awarding student scholarships for 50 years!
Read the history of our scholarships, and what
some of the awardees have done since graduating.
- The Portland Section again won an ACS ChemLuminary Award at the Fall 2019 meetings in San Diego. See our winning poster.
|Calendar of Events
- Videos of past events
- 13 February 2020: Alexander Kendall, OHSU, "Flavors and Fragrances"
- 13 March 2020: ACS local section meeting: tribute to Tom Dunne (details forthcoming)
- 1-13 March 2020: Chemistry Olympiad
- 4 April 2020: Oregon Science Startup Forum
- 9 April 2020: ACS local section meeting (details forthcoming)
- 10 April 2020: Northwest Science Exposition at Portland State University. Judges needed!
- 22 April 2020: 50 Years of Earth Day
- 14 May 2020: ACS local section meeting (details forthcoming) with recognition of 50-70 year ACS members and poster session with NWSE winners
- 28 June - 1 July 2020: ACS NORM meeting at Western Washington University, hosted by the Puget Sound section
- 10 September 2020: ACS local section meeting (details forthcoming) with recognition of 25-40 year ACS members
- 8 October 2020: ACS local section meeting (details forthcoming)
- 17,18 and 24,25 October 2020: National Chemistry Week: "Sticking with Chemistry"
- 25 October 2020: Portland Section Undergraduate Poster Symposium and Career Fair at Portland State University
- 12 November 2020: ACS local section meeting with poster presentations by SEED students
- 10 December 2020: ACS local meeting
|Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
To contact the Section, send email to the Section Contact
or call 503-912-4360