|News and Announcements
- Dinner reservations for the next ACS Portland
section meeting may be made
online or by calling 503-912-4360
- As of 2018, the Portland Section has been awarding student scholarships for 50 years!
Read the history of our scholarships, and what
some of the awardees have done since graduating.
- Hazards of anhydrous ammonia by Warren Ford
- The Portland Section will be
hosting NORM 2019
(the Northwest Regional Meeting of the American
Chemical Society) June 16-19, 2019
- Geraldine Richmond of the University of Oregon
won the 2018 Linus Pauling Medal. The award symposium was held November 17 at the
Bothell campus of the University of Washington.
|Calendar of Events
- 14 February 2019: ACS Meeting at Reed College: David Stuart, PSU, "Opportunities for Chemical Synthesis with Hypervalent Iodine"
- 21 March 2019: ACS Meeting at Reed College: Jeremy Sackett, Cascadia Labs, "Cannabis Testing"
- 11 April 2019: ACS Meeting at Reed College: David Ji, OSU, "Energy Storage"; student scholarship awards
- 20 April 2019: Oregon Science Startup Forum
- 9 May 2019: ACS Meeting at Reed College: TBD
- 16-19 June 2019: NORM 2019
|Follow us on Twitter, Facebook,
To contact the Section, send email to email@example.com
or call 503-912-4360